Professional Musculoskeletal Care for babies and children.
Babies may see an osteopath for several reasons. It may be for a “check-up” particularly if the delivery has been very long, very fast or requiring intervention.
- Some of the common musculoskeletal issues that an appropriately trained osteopath may assist with, are:
- neck preferencing – torticollis,
- head misshapenness – asymmetry or flatness,
- banana bending-an in utero positioning strain,
- breastfeeding issues – latch problems, jaw tension,
- gross motor delays -rolling, crawling or walking delays,
- positional talipes – in-turning foot,
- body stiffness,
- pre and post tongue tie release.